DSH - Napa: Family & Friend Resources
Sending letters to a patient:
You may send a letter to a patient at the following address:
Patient Name - Unit (if known)
Department of State Hospitals-Napa
2100 Napa Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558-6293
Letters are scanned by an electronic device and those containing anything other than correspondence will not be allowed.DSHNSHPackageCenter@dsh.ca.gov
DSH Napa is currently offering My Care Pack Canteen Services to patients who reside at the hospital as well as to family, friends of loved ones who prefer to use this service to order items for their loved ones. To use this service and to learn more about how it works, please go to www.mycarepack.com
Personal checks, money orders, and cashier checks should be mailed directly to the Trust Office for deposit into a patient’s Trust Account. Personal checks, cashier checks and money orders should be made out to “DSH Napa for patient name” (i.e., “DSH-Napa for John Doe”). The sender’s name and address must be included with all deposits. It is not recommended that cash be placed in the mail. Traveler’s Checks are not accepted and will be returned to the sender. The address to mail funds to be applied to a patient’s account is:
Department of State Hospitals - Napa
2100 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
DSH - Napa: Support Group
If someone in your family suffers from a serious mental illness, you may feel alone or isolated in your effort to understand what they’re going through.
You may wonder how other families cope with the devastation caused by mental illness and how they manage to go on with their own lives while still devoting time and help to their ill family member.
You would probably like to replace confusion, frustration and despair with understanding, hope and a sense of real accomplishment.
Changing negative attitudes and responses into positive experiences and genuine hope is also probably something you would like to achieve.
DSH-Napa’s Family & Friends Support Group (FFSG) is a family-run group that provides support, guidance and understanding to its membership on issues related to mental illness.
In addition to supporting each other, the group makes recommendations to DSH-Napa’s Executive Director on ways to improve the quality of care and services at the hospital.
The FFSG helps families, friends and patients receiving services in the following ways:
- Provides understanding, support and guidance to families and friends impacted by mental illness.
- Works to overcome stigma, guilt, discrimination and misconceptions surrounding mental illness.
- Disseminates information about services and policies at DSH-Napa.
- Hosts guest speakers at each meeting to help educate families and friends on important topics related to their relative’s hospitalization.
- Provides direct communication with the hospital’s administration and staff to help improve care, treatment and services at the hospital.
- Works with the hospital’s administration to organize special events that bring together families, friends and patients receiving services.
Meetings are held at the hospital’s Volunteer Center every 2nd Saturday of the month from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Membership with NAMI-CC is not required, but is encouraged as an additional resource and support system. For more information on DSH - Napa's Family & Friends Support Group and/or to become a member, please contact us at (707) 254-2431.
All family and friends are welcome and encouraged to participate!
- January 14
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10 - Spring Luncheon* (No Meeting)
- July 8
- August 12 - Summer Break (No Meeting)
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11 - Fall Break (No Meeting)
- December 9 - Holiday Gift Giving Luncheon* (No Meeting)