DSH-Patton's 25th Annual Forensic Psychiatry Conference
February 14th and 15th, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Onsite registration opens at 7 a.m.
Main Auditorium, 3102 Highland Ave, Highland, CA
Featured Speakers: Dr. Phillip Resnick and Dr. Noel Gardner
- Admission is free and is open to all disciplines including psychiatric technicians, licensed vocational nurses, registered nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists as well as those that work in the mental health field
- Free Continuing Medical Education (CME) or Continuing Education Units (CEU) for available
- Seating is limited, so plan to arrive early
- Attendants available to assist with parking and shuttles
- Lunch options are available at the site
MURDER OF THE NEWBORN: NEONATICIDE, FEB. 14TH, 8:00-9:15 a.m., PHILLIP RESNICK, M.D.
STALKING: RISK ASSESSMENT ISSUES, FEB. 14TH, 9:20-10:35 a.m., PHILLIP RESNICK, M.D.
MASS MURDER IN AMERICA, FEB. 14TH, 10:45 a.m. - noon, PHILLIP RESNICK, M.D.
FAITH, FUNDAMENTALISM AND FRONTAL LOBE FUNCTION: RESOLVING THE QUANDRY OF EXTREMIST RELIGION IN CLINICAL AND FORENSIC SETTINGS, FEB. 14TH, 1 p.m. -5, NOEL GARDNER, M.D., M.DIV.
ECT IN THE FORENSIC PSYCHIATRIC POPULATION, FEB. 15TH, 8 a.m.-8:45, MICHAEL BARSOM, M.D.
BEYOND TARASOFF: IS THE DUTY EXPANDING? FEB. 15TH, 8:45-9:45 a.m., KAYLA FISHER, M.D., J.D.
EXPERT TESTIMONY: TESTIFYING IN THE AGE OF “SANCHEZ” FEB. 15TH, 10 a.m. - noon, DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY DAVID CAMPBELL AND DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY CHRISTINE KEE
THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES TO THE VIOLENT PATIENT: NEUBIOLOGICALLY INFORMED INTERVENTIONS, FEB. 15TH, 1 p.m.-3:15, MARK WILLIAMS, PH.D.
A NEW APPROACH TO COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT PRACTICES, FEB. 15TH 3:30-5 p.m. MICHAEL BARSOM, M.D.
Pre-register by emailing with Brandi Dedoes at Brandi.Dedoes@dsh.ca.gov
For additional information, please contact: Jennifer Gorsuch at 909-425-7687 or Jennifer.Gorsuch@dsh.ca.gov or Brandi Dedoes at 909-425-7884 or Brandi.Dedoes@dsh.ca.gov
DSH has established a policy for influenza prevention that requires visitors to either provide proof of influenza vaccination or wear a protective mask while visiting in the hospital. This policy is for the protection of our patients and staff. Those who are unable to provide proof of influenza vaccination will be provided a mask by the hospital. The policy will remain in effect from Nov. 1, 2017, to April 15, 2018. Thank you for your cooperation.