DSH - Patton: Mission, Vision and Values
The Department of State Hospitals - Patton's mission is to empower forensic and civilly committed patients to recover from mental illness utilizing Recovery principles and evidenced based practices within a safe, structured, and secure environment.
Major components of the hospital's mission include:
- EVALUATION: To provide professional evaluations, including recommendations to the courts and other agencies regarding whether patients are, as relevant to their classification status, competent to stand trial, appropriate for release into the community, or appropriate placement in an alternative facility;
- TREATMENT: To design and provide individualized quality treatment for mentally ill patients utilizing a recovery focused biopsychosocial rehabilitation model; and
- PROTECTION: To maintain a secure, safe, therapeutic, and supportive environment for the benefit of the patients, our employees, and the community.
- DISPOSITION: To prepare patients for transfer or discharge to the next level of care.
The Department of State Hospitals - Patton's vision is to lead in the Recovery of patients in need of psychiatric care.
The Department of State Hospitals - Patton is committed to clinical, forensic, and organizational excellence and a strong spirit of community while providing patient care with respect and dignity. Employees and patients are s empowered and held accountable to identify problems, propose recommendations, and implement solutions.
The following are all values of great importance:
- EXCELLENCE: The hospital is committed to clinical, forensic, and organizational excellence, while providing competent clinical treatment for all patients in our care. All patients are treated with respect and dignity with person-centered treatment planning. This collaborative process fosters mutual respect, open communication, teamwork, and a culture of hope.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: The hospital promotes individual responsibility and accountability. All staff & Choice are empowered to improve organizational performance and assist patients with their treatment decisions. Patients are empowered to improve their own rehabilitation and recovery experiences. Improvement is determined by the measurable outcomes submitted to the Quality Improvement Team for Review and follow-up.
- SECURITY: The hospital's security is created in order to maintain safety for all patients who live and work at the Department of State Hospitals - Patton by providing an environment that promotes Recovery while maintaining a safe therapeutic relationship between all staff and patients.
- SAFETY: Safety is the cornerstone in the performance of all hospital work. Each of us are equally responsible for our own personal safety as well as the safety of others. The expectation for all who live and work at Department of State Hospitals - Patton is that while violence is not acceptable, staff member shall be confident, trained, and prepared to handle the situation in the most humane and safe manner.
- SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY: The hospital values its strong spirit of community and takes pride in the leadership provided from all levels of the hospital.
- DIGNITY AND RESPECT: The hospital is committed to developing the potential of all that live and work within the hospital. This development occurs in an atmosphere of mutual dignity and respect, built on a framework of personal and organizational integrity.
- INNOVATION: The hospital is committed to fostering an environment where innovation and creativity are at the forefront in the improvement of any aspect of service provided.
- INDIVIDUAL RESPONSBILITY: The hospital promotes individual responsibility and accountability. All people are empowered to identify problems, propose recommendations, and implement solutions.
- About the Area
- Allowable and Contraband Policy
- Contact Info
- Family Resources
- Hospital Security
- Internships and Training
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Patient Phone Usage
- Patient Resources
- Patton State Hospital Museum
- Visitor Information