Family and Visitor Information: Proper Attire
Please remember to dress appropriately for your visit so you have fewer delays in getting in for your visit. To avoid problems going through the metal detector, visitors should wear a minimal amount of jewelry (e.g. wedding bands, one necklace, one bracelet, and watch) which is not made of heavy metal and does not include sharp edges. This is especially important during the holiday seasons when there is an increase in visitors.
Visitors must be appropriately dressed and groomed, wear shoes or sandal-type shoes, and undergarments. Visitors must be fully clothed. Buttons and zippers must remain fastened. The following items are prohibited:
- No dark brown or khaki clothing that resembles patient's clothes.
- No tank tops, halter-tops, low cut tops, bare midriff, or revealing tops.
- No short shorts - no higher than 2 inches above the knee (Bermuda shorts acceptable).
- No short skirts or dresses (no higher than 2 inches above the knee)
- No slits in garments that expose more than the knee
- No see through clothing or skintight (all spandex type shorts or pants must be covered with a shirt or blouse down to the middle of the thigh).
- No headgear (hat, scarves, etc.).
- No clothing with obscene or disparaging language or pictures.
- No clothing resembling any notorious group
- No uniforms of any type (except active military), no military fatigues
- No wigs or hairpieces shall be allowed without approval of the Watch Sergeant (approval shall be based on need, e.g.: baldness)
- No sunglasses unless prescription sunglasses
- No heavy metal jewelery and No sharp edges. Visitors should wear a minimal amount of jewelry (e.g. wedding bands, one necklace, one bracelet, and watch).
- No "wire type" underwire bras (plastic stay version are allowed)
- Advocacy and Support
- Allowable and Contraband in Patient Possession
- Allowable and Contraband while Visiting
- Canteen Ordering
- No Contact Visits
- Patient Phone Usage
- Patient Trust Office
- Proper Attire
- Visiting with Children
- Visitor Center Regular and Holiday Hours
- Visitor Process Requirements